Oh you know….because you have to have a random bulleted list every once in awhile! Here’s a little more of what’s being going on around these parts…
1. I have a new TV show addiction. This past winter, I went through the entire series of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars (don’t judge, there is nothing better to do when you’re on crutches!)…but watching an episode or two every evening is how I unwind after my day, so of course I needed to search for something new!…..and I stumbled upon Greek.
I know, I know. It’s silly and ridiculous but I can’t help getting invested! aah! I think this show is about 1000x funnier for me than for most people because I was actually in a sorority at a southern university (AXO). It wasn’t half as ridiculous as in this TV show (and there were definitely none of the stereotypical vapid sorority girls….we all had to be accepted to W&M to be there, after all lol!), but so much of the plot and concepts are familiar.
2. Yesterday, I went to the chiropractor to get some ART, Graston, Stim and ice. Now, I’ve had some pretty painful treatments before but HOLY CRAP this was bad. The chiro who works on me at home is very fast-paced and aggressive (I mean with how he does ART, not his personality lol), whereas the guy I saw out in Colorado was very cautious and gentle. I actually have bruises from this treatment! I would show you, but given that my surgery was on the groin area….not entirely appropriate
I honestly don’t know how anyone recovers from surgery without chiropractic/masssage treatment to break up the scar tissue!
3. Tomorrow I’m going to Baltimore for a day trip to see my best friend from college! She lives in southern Maryland/DC and I’m in Philadephia so B-More is in the middle – we’ve done this meetup every year since graduation! SO PUMPED TO SEE HER!
4. I’ve been kiiiiiiind of contemplating trying out Whole30. Yes the 30 days of Paleo thing. I know this is shocking – I used to rant about Paleo diets all the time! And I don’t have a specific reason for wanting to try this, except…well why the hell not? After all if I’m going to talk shit about Paleo I should probably at least try it first in order to not be hypocritical lol. Now this doesn’t mean I believe for a second that this diet is how our ancestors ate (it’s not….archaeology has proven that recently), and of course humans have evolved which is why we are not suddenly experiencing a mass extinction due to all the grains we’re eating (….obviously). Not at all. Honestly I guess I’m just kind of curious – so many people say they feel awesome on this diet, and I want to know WHY.
The upshot to this is that I’m already gluten-intolerant so I really don’t eat a ton of grains anyway. The downside is that I love beans and tofu and I really don’t like meat that much. Only salmon and sometimes chicken.
5. But on that note, a new froyo place opened up in my hometown! Mom and I tried it on Wednesday night….and unfortunately I was disappointed. It’s cool that they have both hard-scoop and soft-serve options, and can blend any soft-serve flavor (any of the 80 they offer!) on the spot. However…..the flavor was WAY too strong and um…I’m sorry $5.00 for HALF A CUP? that’s over a dollar an ounce. When I can get 10 ounces of froyo for $5 at the place down the road. Nope.
And here is a picture of Leo…….because who doesn’t like to look at cute animals?
Do you have a “guilty pleasure” TV show?
What makes a froyo/ice cream place awesome in your opinion?